3 Healthy Fourth of July Breakfast Ideas
Before the fireworks, before the barbecue, there's breakfast. Monday mornings may normally be manic, but thanks to the 4th of July holiday you have extra time to fix yourself a quality breakfast this week. Put that freedom to good use and try one of the below recipes to start your Independence Day off with a bang.
Is there anything more patriotic than waffles? This easy, gluten free recipe from Brittany Angell is one that I've used several times and it never ceases to amaze. Top with strawberries, blueberries, and cream cheese or whip cream to celebrate the red, white, and blue.
- 1 Cup Sorghum Flour (or 1 1/4 cup Superfine Rice Flour)
- 1/2 Cup Potato Starch
- 1 tsp. Potato Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbs Granulated Sugar (any variety)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Oil or melted butter (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- Pre-heat waffle maker.
- Mix all ingredients to create waffle batter
- Spray griddle with oil and pour batter onto pre-heated griddle. Times may vary. Recipe will yield between 4- 10 waffles depending on the thickness of each waffle you make.
Healthy homemade donuts? Still the most creative Choice concoction we've seen to date, this recipe is a breeze, leaving you extra time to tackle more pressing things. Like deciding which firework to launch first.
Roll any batch of Choice into mini donut shape and bake for 10 minutes at 350F.
Not in the mood for a full breakfast but still want to ignite your 4th faster than a firecracker? Try bulletproof coffee. Loaded with brain-boosting healthy fats and more carotene than carrots, this coffee recipe is quickly changing the morning routines of people all over the free world. Don't let the butter scare you, this isn't margarine we're talking about. Check out the science on Dave Asprey's site.
Add one tablespoon of organic, grass fed butter and one tablespoon of coconut oil to your cup of morning joe. Blend, sip, and enjoy.
Here's to a safe, happy, and delicious 4th of July!