6 Ways Cinnamon Benefits Your Health
Cinnamon is spicy, sweet, and reminiscent of the holidays. But did you know that cinnamon also has pretty sweet health benefits? We did, which is why we created a flavor highlighting this prized spice.
In honor of today’s release of our new flavor, Cinnamon Roll, here are 6 reasons to feel good about eating cinnamon!
2) May protect against Alzheimer’s Disease. When researchers fed rats a diet high in sugar, the rats displayed behavioral signs of Alzheimer’s as well as markers for proteins that deposit in the brain. However, rats who were fed cinnamon with a high sugar diet did not show the same behavior and biological markers for Alzheimer’s.
3) May protect against type II diabetes. Cinnamon blocked the misfolding of a protein that contributes to developing type II diabetes in a recent study.
4) Increases insulin sensitivity, meaning it helps prevent your blood sugar from spiking. Balanced blood sugar is key to steady energy, weight management, and fighting sugar cravings.
5) Decreases inflammation, which plays a role in numerous conditions such as heart disease, obesity, cancer, and autoimmunity.
6) Helps inhibit AGEs (Advanced Glycation End Products), a factor in aging, hardened arteries, and other conditions.
In addition to being the Head of Product & Nutrition at Unwrapp’d, Maria Capecelatro, MNT is the owner of Dream Nutrition, a holistic nutrition practice in Denver for women who are tired, stressed, and depressed.