How our banana coconut muffin energy bites are better for athletes
Our limited-release banana coconut muffin energy bites are here! Made with dates, almond butter, freeze-dried bananas, unsweetened coconut chips, squash seed, and sea salt, they’re the perfect blend of whole foods that feels like you’re eating a hearty yet decadent muffin.
Like our other flavors, these bites are 100% plant-based, contain no added sugar, and are super delicious. And best of all, we make them with real, freeze-dried bananas, not that artificial Laffy Taffy flavor you find in energy and protein bars.
Why freeze-dried bananas are better for athletes
Why do we use freeze-dried bananas instead of conventional, dried banana chips, you ask? Here’s why:
- Freeze-drying tends to preserve more flavor, meaning our bites taste like real bananas and we don’t need to add in any natural or artificial flavors.
- Freeze-dried banana retains more nutrients than typical dried banana chips, including vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and calcium.
- Freeze-drying preserves more of the natural sugars found in fruit, enabling us to bring you banana-infused energy bites free of added sugar (this is why many dried banana chips have to add sugar to make them taste good).
We are also excited for this flavor because bananas have a range of nutritional benefits to power you through your workouts:
- They are a great source of vitamin B6, which helps the body form red blood cells, convert protein and fats into energy, and create serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in mood, appetite, and sleep.
- They’re a whole-foods source of carbohydrates that, when combined with protein, and fat, provides more sustained energy.
- The electrolytes help you recover from exercise. As endurance athletes know, bananas contain potassium and magnesium, two minerals involved in electrolyte balance in your body.
So, go bananas and grab a jar of Unwrapp’d before they’re gone: shop them here.